• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Chalmers HD6E What Year? Any Help?

drtdmn

ALLIS CHALMERS HD6E What Year, Any Help ?

I am looking to purchase a Allis Chalmers HD6E Ser.# 10137. Can anyone tell me what year this tractor is, and
what motor is in it. Plus does it have a wet or dry clutch. The tractor has a new under carriage in it and less than 100 hours on a rebuilt motor. It has a canopy , sweeps , carco free spool winch , straight blade with manual tilt. Also what is it worth $$$.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
HD6E10137 is 1959 by my book. Dry steering clutchs and brakes. Dry master clutch and Buda design motor. Injectors are on LH side of engine; inlet manifold side.
Someone may have transplanted it with a allis 6000 motor; injectors will be on top RH side. The Buda was upgraded to the direct injection 6000 motor at s/n 13322 in 1960.
Were extremely popular down here at the bottom of the world [more came here than anywhere else in the world except usa of course] and alot were used for agriculture; farm development and roading, as well as logging. And alot today are still going. Have a later HD6 myself.

drtdmn

Thank's D6 Merv. The motor im pretty sure the injectors are on the left hand side but it also say's Allis Chalmers on the manifold could this be an AC motor?
Also what do you think a ballpark price would be?

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
yes its a allis chalmers motor, but its whats commonly called the Buda design.
Allis chalmers bought the Buda company in1955 and used there diesel engines in there construction machinery. All the old Buda design diesels where changed over to the new improved 'thousand' series engines by 1960.
Don,t know what it would be worth in your dollars. Down here we only have 'pacific pesos' at the bottom of the world !!