• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ALLIS CHALMERS HD6E What Year, Any Help ?

drtdmn

I am looking to purchase a Allis Chalmers HD6E Ser.# 10137. Can anyone tell me what year this tractor is, and
what motor is in it. Plus does it have a wet or dry clutch. The tractor has a new under carriage in it and less than 100 hours on a rebuilt motor. It has a canopy , sweeps , carco free spool winch , straight blade with manual tilt. Also what is it worth $$$.

FWD

According to my info, it would be a 1959. I don't know if it would have an oil clutch, but you could look for oil lines in the clutch area. I have no idea on value.
FWD

HD21A

Occupation
Manage and operate family farm
I had a 5, most likely a dry clutch and a 4 cylinder Buda engine. Check the final drive oil levels and also look for seal leaks on the rear axles at the outboard axle carrier bearing or oil dripping down the inside of the sprocket on to the inside of the tracks. A good old stout machine, little slow, but will do work. Make sure neither steering clutch is frozen. Price, I have no idea. do an internet search and see what others are asking. Bob