• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Allis Chalmers HD16DP

Metalman 55

Looks like a nice old machine! Any idea of what year it is? Early 60's I'm thinking. Parts may be hard to get for the Allis, but you'll likely find some if needed. Good luck!

hd16b

Occupation
Farmer by name and trade
I bought this dozer at the auction last week, everything works as it should and apparently has been well cared for. I was blessed to be able to get this dozer for 5k.
yes you were Bobby, hey this is Doug

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
That's a really nice looking old AC dozer....I've always had a soft spot for the AC equipment, it was well built and was always dependable. A company that should have still been around but fell victim to bad management in my opinion. The dozer you have looks to be about the same size as my D6C which is also a 1968. Nice piece you have there, and simple, no frills and the best part...no electronics to rob you blind. I wish you luck with it.

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
HD-16 is more like a D7 size than a D6
FWD
I agree, after seeing it sitting in front of the house it looks to be some what larger than my D6, When I was a young man a logging company I worked for had two of these HD16's, they where powerful and would wipe stumps of the top of a gravel pit when scalping like they were just sitting there. That being said, they also would strip the spline off an axle before they stopped pushing. other than that they where real work horses.