• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Alcohol Injector on Trojan 1900 Loader

Jackf

I goofed today !!, I put DOT brake fluid in the alcohol injector reservoir. I ran the loader for a few hours before I realized.
I emptied it out but Did I do any harm to the air brake system ?
Thanks for any info

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I goofed today !!, I put DOT brake fluid in the alcohol injector reservoir. I ran the loader for a few hours before I realized.
I emptied it out but Did I do any harm to the air brake system ?
Thanks for any info

First off DOT brake fluid should not harm any of the rubber seals and parts in the brake system. Second due to the higher viscosity or the brake fluid I have my doubts that much was even pulled into the air system. I would just drain the air tanks when done for the day each night to see if any thing comes out. Actually that is something I would be suggesting as a standard method of operation!

Jackf

Thank you very much kshansen, you put my mind at ease ! I also noticed the selector dial was set to "0" which is the closed "summer" setting so I don't think any brake fluid found it's way into the system !!