• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

air hose on a service body

shadow2

on my service truck i have upgraded my air compressor and welder to a 302 air pack and I'm also adding a 12 volt air compressor to keep the tank full for an air horn. adding one more air tank to the truck too.

i have to redo all the air lines on the truck and was wondering what hose or piping is the best to use.

thanks joe

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
plastic DOT air brake hose usually works the easiest.

shadow2

is there 3/4 in air hose or would 1/2 be ok to flow 35 cubic feet of air per min. how heat proof is the line can it come right off the compressor without burning up.

mitch504

There is plenty of 3/4 out there.

I wouldn't use half at 35 cfm

I used a piece to replace a split aluminum tube from my compressor to the tank check valve on my service truck. It made a good emergency repair for a few days, but the heat was hard on it. I would use a couple feet of copper first.

lantraxco

is there 3/4 in air hose or would 1/2 be ok to flow 35 cubic feet of air per min. how heat proof is the line can it come right off the compressor without burning up.

From the compressor to the first tank or fitting, use a Teflon hose with the steel braid on the outside sized to the compressor outlet, bigger is better. Spendy like gold, but for a few feet it's just about fireproof and impervious. If you don't kink it you'll probably never need to replace it. Any decent hose shop will have it in different sizes and the ends to match.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
From the compressor to the first tank or fitting, use a Teflon hose with the steel braid on the outside sized to the compressor outlet, bigger is better. Spendy like gold, but for a few feet it's just about fireproof and impervious. If you don't kink it you'll probably never need to replace it. Any decent hose shop will have it in different sizes and the ends to match.

I'll second that on the Teflon/Stainless discharge hose. The othe day I wrote about the WA600 we had that factory used a rubber discharge hose on, cost $100.00 After replacing it once a year for five years made up an adapter so I could use the Teflon hose. Now about 15 years later it is still as good as new. Like lantraxco says they don;t like to be kinked!

hetkind

My good friend Gary is a welder full time employed to make the Teflon lined braided hoses to order...not spendy for me, just have to maintain some of his personal equipment...

Howard