• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Air govenor ex line location

Truck Shop

Yes you can install a regular governor on the AD-IS dryer, it's not scary. Wow broken snap ring groves that hold the purge valve, never seen that problem. I guess I don't
get around as much as I use to.

Truck Shop

TVA

Yes you can install a regular governor on the AD-IS dryer, it's not scary. Wow broken snap ring groves that hold the purge valve, never seen that problem. I guess I don't
get around as much as I use to.

Truck Shop
I’m pretty sure you can put regular governor on that, I think the parts guy was stupid or playing stupid, trying to sell me more expensive thing, but it wasn’t the first time I had problems with that thing - so I didn’t trust it anymore!

Yes, that snap ring groove thing was a strange one, I drove that truck myself when it happened, it’s scared me good! Was loud bang, then loud hiss and all the air was gone in 3 seconds!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
My only bad experience with an AD-IS wet tank-governor combination wasn't even the air drier... It was the unloader O-rings in a single cylinder Cat/midland compressor, it would pop the unloader and drain the little wet tank and re-cycle in 20 seconds. Local dealer replaced it twice under warrantee and never fixed the problem. "Become one with the air" was my reply. Air loss didn't show on the laptop I guess.