• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Air breaks on Mack dump truck 2001

Crash

Changed governor, air dryer, and won't build pressure over 70 psi unless I remove hose going from regulator to side of compressor . put gauge on top of compressor and held pressure. Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on? Thanks CRASH

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Changed governor, air dryer, and won't build pressure over 70 psi unless I remove hose going from regulator to side of compressor . put gauge on top of compressor and held pressure. Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on? Thanks CRASH

Not sure I understand, what regulator line to the compressor? Do you mean the line from air governor to the unloader port on the compressor?

Any chance of posting a picture of the compressor pointing to the line?

Also is is best to keep posting to the original post so people don't waste time giving answers you already have been givin!

Original post was here:

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?57762-Air-breaks-on-Mack-dump-truck&p=621723&highlight=#post621723

If you are having trouble finding the original post just click on you name up at the top of the page when you log on next to the word WELCOME. It should drop down a box where you can select to see all posts by that name.

Last edited: