• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AGL EZDig Pro

Graham1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience using the AGL EZDig pro system? I'm looking for a guidence system I can easily swap between excavators, without having to do any permanent modifications to the machine as some are hire machines.
I need to grade out 34 degree slopes and cut out boxes in these slopes 2m x 3m x 0.5m deep. This needs to be done using minimum of manpower. At present we are driving in stakes and setting profile boards, but this is time consuming and to be honest not all that accurate.
Many thanks

Graham1

Hi CooterBrown,
I'm looking to use it on different sizes of machine, hence liking the magnetic mounts. Mainly on Cat 312 and Cat 320, but also on Cat 307/8 and long reach machines depending on the job.
How do you find it to use? Is it difficult to set up?

CooterBrown

I like it. I have had it over a year and it is very accurate. The reason why I asked what size machine you have is you have to bench the to the rotating laser each time you move the machine and if the machine is not on firm footing it can lead to accuracy issues. For example say you have to swing 180 degrees to bench and that cause your machine to rock in that direction and then after benching you rotate and the machine rocks back there will be accuracy issues. That is pretty much common sense but can be an issue. The magnets are really nice but you need to mount location plates on each machine so that you will not have to recalibrate once you swap machines. I have not used the slope feature. I will try it out and see how that works. Setup takes about 30 minutes most of it in calibrating it to the machine. Once you learn how the first time it is a breeze. My only gripe is being on a small machine( KX161) I have to bench alot due to short reach which is my machines fault. On a large machine like the 312 and 320 it would be nice due to the reach and stability. Also works great on grading pads for slabs and spreading the gravel. Saves an enormous amount of hand work. If you could show me a pic of what your doing I could give better advice on what your doing.
Just keep in miind that you have a sensor on your boom that you bench too so once your elevation changes too much you will have to move your laser.

Graham1

CooterBrown,
Picture of the sort of thing we do attached. Machine sits on middle platform and has to grade upper and lower slope to 34 degrees. bisley stickledown 2.JPG
By benching the boom to the laser, I guess you mean you have to put it in a fixed position each time you move along so the system sets itself up again.

CooterBrown

There is a sensor that reads the stationery laser which it uses for s reference point. So you would need to be able to reach the lasers beam exch time you moved the machine. On a large machine you would be able to do quit a difference in height without moving the laser. The sensor mounts on the dipper arm.