• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

aftermarket vs oem track idlers for bobcat

rackmaster

My rear idler has a bearing going down, and Ive started looking for uc parts.
Which manufactures should I look for and which ones to avoid?

rackmaster

Thanks GGGraham.

I didnt have the alert set evidently and did not check with this one,
but i went ahead and ordered one today.
this is what I found out.

well, i went ahead and bought, needed to get it on its way. but , in case any other needs the info, this is what I found out. Just a handfull of companies make them, most are china made . I spoke to 10 sellers listed in search of track idler, bobcat.

KTSU made ( china) were sold by 5 if them
3 could or would not tell me
1, said they were made for them out of s korea (penton) , did not name company
1- Loader parts source was made in Turkey, but out of stock and did not really know when they would be in. but Im sure they would have been good.

Price varied from 212 plus shipping to 440 plus shipping I choose the KTSU manufactured and spent 345 for one shipped. several of the guys had experience with being mechanic or service managers at bobcat prior to this job.

Txhayseed

Yep. China china. Just like 99% of all parts and pieces they all come down the line single file then hit a fork in the line. Belt a gets stamped xyz .Belt b gets stamped abc and on and on it goes. I have bought parts online and they literally have the exact numbers cast into them as OEM parts minus the logo or name. Its a global economy know. I hate it I really do but I don't think twice about buying aftermarket china parts anymore. Its just so routine and the norm I look for the value in it. Before amazon and Alibaba I used to the dealer and buy parts, what does it say.... Made in china... I always used to think to myself man i sure wish i could buy it straight from the Chinese factory.. Well its a reality now. Why pay the markups... I think what you purchased will do you good

rackmaster

Just a follow-up on the KTSU rear idler, It lasted less than 50 hrs, I haven't used it much the last year so had not changed it, and to me honest I was not sure it was the same one. ( yes, i forgot which side) I have plans to use it more this year with some clean up and pulled it off to check before I ordered another one. it was the KTSU one, so I went back with Berco . First one lasted 1800 hrs, The KTSU lasted less than 50.