• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket sprockets

darren85

I have a 1985 sumitomo s160 excavator and can't find sprockets for the tracks. It also is labeled in the cab as an Ls 1600 fj2 which is a link belt model of the same machine. I found one place where they could get sprocket for the link belt model but they are listed as 12 bolt and 18 teeth and my excavator has 12 bolts and 23 teeth. Not sure if they would still work or not. Trying to find a way to get them by using measurements and not by the model. Any suggestions. Thanks

lantraxco

Pictures, measure the pin to pin distance on the track chain and as many pertinent dimensions as you can, post them up here, maybe we can help you find something.

darren85

The distance center to center of the chain pins is 5.5 inches. The sprocket is 1 inch thick and the center of the sprocket is just over 10 inches where it slides over the final drive. The final drive measures exactly 10 inches. Not sure what other measurements are needed to describe it. Thanks

lantraxco

Okay, found some sprockets, 23 tooth, 12 bolt holes. Waiting for some dimensions now. They're in stock in the US and the price is decent. I'll shoot you a PM also. Can you get a rough outside diameter, maybe at the bottom between the teeth or at the tooth tips, either way?

gtermini

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if you were halfway proficient in autocad, could you draw up the sprockets and have them burned from Hardox 400 or something? I'm sure it would cost more then the real deal, but sometimes the real ones are pure unobtainium, and burn jobs are not astronomical. I played around for less than 5 minutes and came up with something that looked reasonable and matched the pitch within .010". Am I off in left field here?

Greyson

Attachments

• sprocket.jpg
    sprocket.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 95