• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket pins and bushings for Case 1845C?

Jeepwalker

Hello,
Are there any aftermarket sources for lift arm pins and bushings for a Case 1845C?

Also, on the triangular load leveling plates that swivel back/fourth, are there bushings in there, or when they wear, do the plates themselves need to be replaced, or is it usually the pins? I haven't taken mine apart yet to inspect, but I DO know there is a bit of wear in there, nothing serious. I have downloaded the picture from Case, but it's hard to tell on those triangular plates weather there are bushings or not. It looks like there might be where it connects to the main arms, but not for the linkages. If there is a "quality" aftermarket source, please let me know.

Thanks,

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
I've looked a little bit, but haven't found an aftermarket source yet.
There are places that will custom make some, but they end up costing almost as much as dealer parts.
I considered making some myself, but by the time I bought the metal and then got the machining/drilling/etc done, it just wasn't work all the effort for what I'd save.
So I'm probably going to order some dealer parts. Fast and easy.
Time is money too and I've got enough other projects to work on.

Jeepwalker

For the triangle plates there are a couple ways to tackle the problem. These ideas may not be appropriate for all owners, but something to consider:
1) Buy new ones. All new pins and bushing are going to cost a pretty penny. Probably $1,500 or so IIRC, the last time I checked.
2) Bore them out and put in new oversized pins. First determine if the bore on the leveling arm and the loader arm bores (between the plates) are 'true' or egged-shaped. If the larger bores are out of round you could find a machinist with a bridge boring machine, or portable line-boring machine, clamp the triangle plates together and bore the hole completely through including the triangle plates. Don't go oversized any more than necessary but try to match whatever oversized pin dimensions you have. Get a length of hardened steel rod and cut to length, weld on a new washer drill retaining hole as necessary. Repeat the process for all out-of-round bores. There are Youtube videos showing how some guys have done this (with other types of equipment). If you only need to remove a small amt of material, you really wouldn't be weakening the skid loader to a significant degree.
3) If all the bores between the triangle plates are still 'true' then either replacing, or boring slightly oversized and machining an insert ring may be an option if you have access to a lathe. Normally you wouldn't need to remove much material. Buy or make new pins.
4) The lower arm bushings are the ones which wears most for many owners. New pins/bushing can be replaced. If wear is significant, it may require buying and welding new bungs. Again, there are videos of guys doing just this with skid loaders.

Those are some options depending on how crafty you are...

Last edited: