• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aftermarket diagnostic software

partsandservice

So I had a Tigercat buncher with a Cummins QSB6.7 tier 3 with a spn157 fmi 18 which translates to rail pressure not reaching command. This particular code can be troublesome at times because the issue could be anywhere from the fuel tank to the injectors. The code would not be active until the engine was throttled, then it would become active even without applying any load. So first I addressed the fuel supply and changed the fuel filters, no change. Next I checked the tightness if the injector tubes. All were somewhat loose with two way too loose. After this I thought the problem was resolved, the code did not set immediately. After 15 minutes or so of operating the machine the same code appeared again. Next I hooked up the TEXA software. At idle the measured rail and commented rail pressure were the same, but upon throttle the command pressure was about 2k higher than measured psi. My next thought was an injector leaking . I then plugged off each injector one at a time. The pressure differential never changed. I noticed with key on engine
off I noticed that measured pressure was negative 500 psi and jumping around . I replaced the rail pressure sensor and the issue was resolved. So all this to say, this TEXA software has opened repair diagnostic capabilities that is necessary to continue to be relevant as an independent off road mechanic.

TVA

Thanks for this post! I’m “ on the fence” about buying TEXA!

TVA

Immn
Keep in mind it is not Cummins Insite. But is it way more than nothing. I am happy with it so far .

I’m not looking to go “deep”! Being independent I have to work on many different brands so looking for “ price feasible” solution to finding the problems, buying every brands scan tool will be very expensive.

TVA

I have used it with success on Cummins, Cat, John Deere, Mercedes, and Fiat Engines.

I’m more on hydraulic side, I want to find out if this tool will be good with Parker/Sauer Danfoss/Rexroth etc. controllers, the version I’m looking at buying will cost me around $7500.

partsandservice

I was not aware that was an option. The Sauer Danfoss modules I have encountered required a wireless interface to set parameters. ( Did not have a data port). Are those capabilities included with the standard off road or is it specific?

TVA

I have few customers with Takeuchi equipment, on those you need Kubota diagmaster for an engine, but hydraulic controller is Sauer Danfoss.
Haven’t had the need for it yet, but I like to be prepared.

TVA

I was not aware that was an option. The Sauer Danfoss modules I have encountered required a wireless interface to set parameters. ( Did not have a data port). Are those capabilities included with the standard off road or is it specific?

Thanks for telling me about no data port, I need to check that out.

TVA

I asked dealer ( don’t remember which one, think Diesel Laptops ) and they assured me that Off Road package have it all! Who knows, I guess!

kjkoch

I can tell you for sure that it does not work on any John Deere construction machine that I have tried it on yet. On Ag tractors it has been ok. The truck side has been well covered so far.

partsandservice

I have been able to communicate with with John Deere construction mainly wheel loader by going through the industrial engine selection. Also have been able to get much more by going under an ag tractor with the same engine. So far any diagnostics of Tcu or Vcu has been unavailable.