• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advice on putting a thrown track back on a 312B.

Advice on putting a thrown tack back on a 312B

• What I have done

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CatKC

The tracks were run tight enough to push on the spring which left the nuts loose on the rod and able to back off. Where did you find them sitting when you removed the idler assembly?

That is also my guess. If there was a 'jam nut' properly installed I don't see how it would have come off, I've never had one come off.

I did not find the nut (I doubt if two would have fallen off at the same time) when I pulled the idler off. Had I found them it would have saved me some time trying to push the idler back to put the track on.
I am going to look for it today in the area where the track came off. I walked/moved the Cat quite a ways to get it out of mud and on level ground.