• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advice on Possible Purchase...New Holland 675E

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Hey All,

I found a New Holland 675E that is available kind of locally. It has the following:
Enclosed cab
Heat and Air Condition, Radio
4x4 extend-a-hoe
Front Loading Bucket 78" with cutting edge
Rear digging bucket 24"
Low hours (approximately 700)
Tires in fair condition
2 New Batteries

Does anyone have any things that I should be looking for (known weakness) on this model? I will of course give it the once over, but if there is a common problem, I would like to hear about it.

I have spoken to the owner that told me that his friend purchased it brand new in 2000, and then passed away within 6 month of the purchase. So, the took it over, and never really used it. It has been stored indoors and only used on an occasional job and to remove snow. He now has it outside because he has lost his storage place, and doesnt use so he wants to sell it. He is asking 25k or best offer.

00M0M_6rG9XKe0TGk_1200x900.jpg 01313_hfVWhtHmY0r_1200x900.jpg 00m0m_cjiOrALaiU_1200x900.jpg 01515_ayCiM3nJBe7_1200x900.jpg 00M0M_6rG9XKe0TGk_1200x900.jpg 01313_hfVWhtHmY0r_1200x900.jpg 00m0m_cjiOrALaiU_1200x900.jpg 00M0M_6rG9XKe0TGk_1200x900.jpg 01313_hfVWhtHmY0r_1200x900.jpg 00m0m_cjiOrALaiU_1200x900.jpg 01515_ayCiM3nJBe7_1200x900.jpg

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Sorry about the picture doubles in the last post...dont know what happened00e0e_jItYMMGmDi8_1200x900.jpg 00l0l_7lxNBER4Nvk_1200x900.jpg 00N0N_elurXfXh7o5_1200x900.jpg

aighead

Looks pretty good and again very similar to mine, but I don't know what the differences would be... Looks like the same design engine covers that are bad but to be expected. My boom lock is flipped around the other way (engagement teeth point down), don't know if it matters or what is right. Looks pretty good and it hours are right and things feel tight seems like a steal! I've heard A/C never works...

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Aighead, Thanks for the response. The A/C prolly isnt a big deal for me in north east PA..The heat is though:)

Welder Dave

I don't think you could find a better used machine for 3 times the price. Will it have some quirks, maybe but it's not even broken in yet. The tires are way better than fair. What's a new machine, over 100K?

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Welder Dave, Yes, the new machines are very spendy today, and have a gang of electronics that I dont want. I cant wait to see this in person! I am going to try for tomorrow, even though it is supposed to rain..I really do not like to lay under vehicles in the rain, but did it for many years...Just havent done it lately.

aighead

Uh... I'm not convinced my heat works either. It makes a blowing noise but "heat" is questionable.

fpgm04

Looks like a good machine. About the only thing I can see in the pictures is the dipper cylinder hose is either chewed up in the middle, or it has a protective sleeve that is damaged. Either way, simple fix if needed.

The 675 hoe is longer/higher than other machines you have been looking at. Make sure it fits if you are storing in building or transporting to avoid any accidental low-bridge incidents.

Welder Dave

If that machine gets advertised it will likely sell to the 1st person who looks at it. Not even sure if I'd try to haggle on price. Might offer 24K on the spot but if he says no, 25K is a steal! I think it has a lot closer ties to the Ford TLB's than the newer New Holland TLB's. Would have to be something major like a bad engine knock or the trans. doesn't work to have any second thoughts about it.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
fpgm04, Thanks for the heads-up on the hose. Will look into it. Also thanks for the height info. I do not intend to move it after delivery. The tractor will help me prepare a pad for a pole barn if I get it (the tractor...def. getting the pole barn) . The pole barn will have 14' high doors, so I should be ok.

Welder Dave, I am going to set up an inspection for today...hopefully it all works out, and it really is what he says it is!

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Tinkerer, I just finished printing it up.
Welder Dave, Good suggestion...will do.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
So, I just talked to the guy...He told me it is a power shift, not a power shuttle. I have heard bad things about the power shift (kinda an auto trans). Is something that should change my mind?

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Welder Dave, Trust me, if I purchase this machine I will have the operators manual as well as the repair manual. I purchased them for the b95 that I was looking at. Was cheap and I learned a lot before going to look at the machine. If I had more time I would do the same for this machine.

As far as abuse, that aint happening! I do not need to make a living with this thing. I will also keep services up to date...I am a believer in Preventative Maintenance!

aighead

Hey Swetz, check that 14 feet before screaming into your pole barn too! I think mine is pretty close to that and if this one is taller, it may be taller...

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Take it with you when you pay for it. Sounds to good to be true.

EDIT: If you don't know the selling party call the serial number in to your local dealer before you pay for it. See if anything comes up. Might be a reason its been hid away for all these years. Or it might just be a sweet deal?

Welder Dave

Should fit in a 14' high door. I don't think it's even close but can stretch the boom out if it is too high. I really doubt it though.