• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Advanced training for equipment managers

CEwriter

Occupation
journalist
About 15 years ago, equipment managers at the country's largest construction companies wanted a resource where a body could learn how to be an equipment manager -- a training course for learning how to decide how long to keep machines, the best ways to finance them, and share ideas on how to manage maintenance and repair during their useful life. They asked Dr. Mike Vorster, a civil engineering professor at Virginia Tech with uncommon depth of knowledge in equipment, to create a training course for them.

The result is one of the most unique training opportunities available in the industry, an equipment-executive development course. By sheer good fortune and divine providence, Construction Equipment has fallen into presenting Dr. Vorsters Institute.

I admit this course isn't for everybody. But take a look at the program details -- http://www.constructionequipment.com/community/862/CE+Institute/23394.html. If it might have some value to you, we'll look forward to meeting you there.

L

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
That ain't a bad price if I didn't enjoy working in the field I would really consider it.