• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adjusting highflow hyd pressure down?

One guy construction

Occupation
Owner/Welder, Hobby Land management
Just bought a new 299D3 high flow. I have a need for using the high flow ports but I dont want the high pressure. Is there a easy way to adjust the pressure back?

Reuben Frazier

It will not operate in high flow unless you have the high pressure switch hooked into your wiring harnesses aka the electronic connector on the front of the machine. Even if you attach a high flow attachment without the switch installed it will still be in low flow. I’m still trying to figure out why you can’t control the flow from a switch inside or better yet the control panel. This is my number 1 complaint with my CAT’s but it’s still better than the other options.

One guy construction

Occupation
60073087398__D1A00B15-6519-4354-901C-D73D0607D802.JPG
Well I just picked up my new 299D3 High flow. It does not have the 5 ports for hyd couplers like I was thinking. I will just have to use and rewire my splitter valve from my old machine...

Reuben Frazier

You had to get the XE model for the 5 couplers, I’m not sure if you’ve owned CATs before or if you were told about how to operate the high flow but make sure you find out if not before you destroy stuff. The D3’s are nice units tho, love ours. I’m sure you know exactly what your doing but shoot me a pm if you have any questions. I’d be happy to help a brother out.

dtcohen

Without a jumper installed on the work tool electrical connection you will get 23 gallons per minute flow at 3340psi. When you install a high flow connector (or put a jumper wire across pins B and K on the work tool connector) the machine will go into XPS mode which will give you 32 gallons per minute flow at 4060psi. If want 32 gallons per minute at 3340psi you can have your dealer use the cat electronic service tool to set the "Aux modulation scale factor" to 100%. This will give you 32gpm all the time though, so that might not be an ideal solution. The other thing you can do is unplug the high pressure solenoid and use a high flow jumper (pins B and K). This solenoid is located on the implement control valve and will have a two pin connect with a black wire and a blue wire. Unplugging this solenoid will cause a diagnostic code to show up on the display whenever you are using aux though.

One guy construction

Occupation
Well I thought I was getting an XE model. Had to get one ordered since my dealer had none left in inventory. The only thing I was wanting the 5 ports for is I have a Danuser Post driver and a seperate tilt attachment. On my 259D I added an auxiliary electric splitter valve to run both attachments. I was being lazy and thought it would be nice to just have two thumb wheels to operate them. Salesman got me the extra 2 buttons on the right joy stick. What I have I can make work, Just wasnt what I was thinking. I bought my 2014 259d used so this was first loader I bought new. Lesson learned. I have allot of fence post to install so I will just install valve on the tilt attachment and make a wire harness up to 16 pin connector and leave valve on attachment instead of on machine as where it was on the 259.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
As per previous posters. The High Flow function is only activated if Pins F & G on the Work Tool Harness Connector at the end of the loader arm are jumpered. Usually attachments requiring HF have that jumper hard-wired into the harness of the attachment, so that HF is activated as soon as the attachment harness is connected to the machine.

Do you know what is the Serial Number of the machine you are getting..?

upload_2020-1-16_16-11-51.png

One guy construction

Occupation
299DHDY901325 thanks Nige. I am just gonna use the valve I had used on my other machine. But if you could send me the pin out for the 16 pin work tool connector that would be great.

One guy construction

Occupation
IMG_2615.jpg IMG_2614.jpg It looks a little busy but it was actually easy to do. Installed hyd splitter valve on post driver and plug tilt attach into the valve. Left joystick button activates the tilt when needed. All good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_2615.jpg
    IMG_2615.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14

AO299D

I'm not quite sure if I'm catching on what you were expecting to see from the XE model but those high flow and low-flow ports are teed together inside the boom so you can't used both on the same attachment so it's actually just one circuit coming from the machine