• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Additions that you like that you have done to your service truck

still learn'n

I was wondering what you have done as far as additions or things that you really like on your service truck that has been a real help or time saver or is just plain nice! pics would be nice! Thanks

nowing75

image.jpg
Built the top box for longer items and stuf I don't need daily. Built in led lights. I also have one pointed inside the bed. Can't have enough lights.

nowing75

image.jpg
Built 2 pull out drawers. It's good space but easy to loose stuff in there so I made the drawer and they slide on some uhmw I had laying around.

nowing75

About 4feet. One on each side. Was looking at regular drawer slides but they are big money that long. I don't get in them very often so they work out prety well.

still learn'n

I would like some more storage and have thot of putting some more storage on top of compartments but I would have to put it so opened into the bed cause my compartments are tall enuf that I couldn't reach them from outside! That bumper drawer is a grand idea how hard does it slide or pull out?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I live in the south and only have to deal with freezing temperatures for only a few months a year, but during the more "normal" months the 30 gal pressurized water tank that I fitted to my truck is a handy addition.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
It's a vertical air tank, I coated the inside of it with epoxy paint before I installed it.

nowing75

image.jpg
The box under the crane will be for my welding reel and power reel. The box ontop of the fwd most cabinet is for torch reels and argon and 75-25.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Nowing you should make a thread on all the stuff you've built for your truck. Impressive.

FSERVICE

I like that box under the crane, that's the most wasted space on my truck. just really haven't had time to build it, was hoping to find 1 to buy haven't been that lucky either.. what did you use for the door prop? I guess with this 10" snow on the ground this week I might have some shop time to do a project or 2;)

still learn'n

Nowing that is some nice boxes but my truck is sitting at its 26,000gvw :Bangheadand not sure what it would look like after I added my lube cabinet that has been in storage and tanks and all yet to! plus all the the good ideas you have done to yours. I have thot even tho I don't do as much as some of you guys on here that it would be very handy to have 2 cranes on my truck. But then would pry have to get a truck the size of Tom V's!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Willie im trying to figure out how you get epoxy coated inside a tank care to explain?

Well, first I gave it several "washings" with Naptha. Then I plugged all the holes and poured a good amount of epoxy paint in it. Plugged the hole I poured the paint in and started rolling the tank, over and over, to coat it inside good. Then stood it up on its end, removed the bottom plug and drained the excess epoxy. :)