• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adding a Turbo to an Early 10K

"acidoil"

I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge here on the older iron. So I have a question for some of the guys.
I have an early 10K no turbo. I looks like it may be time for an in-frame overhaul. I was thinking I may want to add a turbo set up off a later 10k. If I did could I use my same fuel pump and turn the fuel up? Can the pump be enriched on the tractor? I can get an after market exhaust manifold reasonable. Then pick up the rest used and replace or rebuild the turbo. I have not checked the specs of a piston. I was told the later turbo 3306 rods had bigger wrist pins. Then I was told no. I am sure at overhaul I could change rods.
I had an 74a machine in the past I pulled a few shims from the pump. That machine worked great.
John