• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Addco throttle control issue on JLG 45IC lift

want 2 get high

Hello all,
Does the addco throttle control have a time out circuit on the JLG 45IC lift.
If I start the lift on the ground switch it runs the idle up as it should and stays that way.
If I switch to the basket and don't immediately step on the foot peddle and start using the controls the addco controller goes into lock out (as in a red light come on and will not allow any operation if I than push on the foot peddle).
If I push the basket power button to off and after a second or 2 pull the power button back out and push the peddle again the green light will again come on and work correctly if I start using the controls rather quickly. If not the red light comes on again.
Anyone with any input would be appreciated.
Dave

This is a 1998 model year JLG 45IC

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm not really sure what you're asking, but a timer, yes, they have a timer that once you depress the foot pedal you have so many seconds, I think it's seven seconds, to select and operate a function. If you don't operate a function within that time period after depressing the foot pedal the timer will lock out operation functions. It's a redundant "dead man" feature.

want 2 get high

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but a timer, yes, they have a timer that once you depress the foot pedal you have so many seconds, I think it's seven seconds, to select and operate a function. If you don't operate a function within that time period after depressing the foot pedal the timer will lock out operation functions. It's a redundant "dead man" feature.

Hello willie59. Like I said in the original post the addco throttle control has a red light come on if the foot peddle and than controls are not used very soon after the power knob is pulled out while in the basket.
Than you have to push the power knob back in again, and pull it out to get the red light to go out and be able to use the foot peddle and controls.
Thank you for responding.