• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adams / Wabco 666 problem

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Hi guys,

Got my old Adams grader going today, and it's got an issue I'm hoping somebody can help me with. It won't steer, acts as if it's got absolutely no power steering one way and just a tiny bit the other way. The hydraulic fluid is full but after a few minutes of running the pumps start sounding like they're low on oil and the gearbox vent starts puking hydraulic fluid and there's no more fluid in the reservoir. Shut it all down and a half hour later all the fluid is in the hydraulic tank again... I'm at a loss here. I do have some manuals for this thing but it doesn't go into any detail on how this system works. Does anyone here know what this could be? Any help would be much appreciated!