• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Actual lifting capacity of Takeuchi TL8

marrtw

Does anyone know the actual lifting capacity of a Takeuchi TL8? I know it is rated at about 2000 pounds, with a tipping rating of around 6000 lbs. I need to unload something off a truck that is about 3000 lbs and I'm curious if my TL8 will unload it or if I need to rent a forklift.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
I have a TL130 and you can likely do it. We lift and move 3000 lbs pallets of wall blocks all the time keeping it very low to the ground. The higher you have the load, the more tippy you will get. Make sure the truck is on level ground or the machine is positioned facing up hill. The ground must be very firm with no chance of sinking of the machine tracks. Make sure the forks are all the way in and whatever your lifting is right up against the backrest. Then test to see if the machine will lift the load without tipping. If it lifts the pallet ok, then slowly move back until the pallet just clears the truck and lower. You can also have someone drive the truck forward. Lower the pallet ASAP. If possible, lighten the pallet a bit.
What do you need to lift? Lifting with a sling is not going to work to get it off the truck.

Attachments

• Lifting 1.75 ton Concrete block.jpg
    Lifting 1.75 ton Concrete block.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Moving Pallets of wall block.jpg
    Moving Pallets of wall block.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3

marrtw

I'm wanting to unload a 3D Welding Fixture Table. It's about 3000 lbs, so I can't use the lift gate alone but I might be able to get the driver to "share" the load between the lift gate and the CTL. I've done that before but it depends on the driver.