• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Accumulator?

Cat311b

I am the process of resealing my rotary joint on a cat311b. Manual says to relieve system pressure by placing the key on engine off and release hydraulic lever. There is no settling of the boom or any other functions! I don't think this has ever worked as long as I've owned the machine but has never really been a problem! Machine operates fine while running with the exception of the tracking issue due to rotory manifold.. What are your thoughts? Replace or recharge accumulator? Do nothing? Thanks

Bob/Ont

Lower all equipment to the ground, shut off engine then open the tank filler plug to let out air pressure. Drive lines are open to tank when in hold. Plug all lines taken off of swivel. Get accumulator recharged.
Later Bob