• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A40E Maintenance Light Reset

Acdieselrepairs.com

Hi all,
Hoping that one of the volvo guru's can steer me in the right direction. I haven't done much with volvo truck before but have come across and issue were the maintanence light on an a40e is constantly flashing. Press the esc and it goes away for a few seconds and comes back on. Try to go into it and unsure of how to reset it. It has multiple fault codes logged in it with crowd's through it which I am assuming means tbey are inactive? My thought is that possible the memory is full and all the logged faults need to be cleared using tech tool. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
If the codes are there on the dash/display then they are active, it shows them in order top ten only and will keep replacing them according to time of fault. you can't clear active fault codes with tech tool either, sounds like you have a load of fault finding and problems to fix

BigWrench55

As far as the active codes go, you will have to make the repairs. To reset the maintenance, hold down the wrench key until it says entering service mode. Then go to the maintenance and set your schedule.