• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A25D E F

john biggins

Hi guys
have a decent early a25D , but looking at possibility of moving to an E or and F, probably not stretch to G.
Any pros or cons of the next 2 generations ? versus what i have .#

Any pointers would be appreciated.

J

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
E was an engine change and trans
F was eng w/ emissions and dropbox was upgraded i believe. E was short lived. F was a solid machine same problems as D, spring blocks, A-stay bushings , hitch bearings. For reliability, D& F are pretty consistent.

john biggins

Thanks fuel
would u say f is worth moving too from a D?
Where does G sit ?
Was there such a thing as the best range in the 25 sector
outside of the old C
J

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I personally thought the D was the best. The F has its advantages but has lower compression to reduce NOx . I don't remember if the 25s had EGR or not. I would not step into a G that was tier IV interim, i believe. Blowers and air compressors just to support regeneration. Now tier IV final with SCR, the rumor was as i recall all the compression, only a DOC(maybe), no DPF and SCR to control NOx Rumor was the A25 in tier IV final was gonna be the most efficient as far as emissions were concerned of all of them. I would reach out to some of the guys who still work for Volvo dealers, see if that's true.
Paul Counil , Birken Vogt , Ben Witter. These guys, i believe, still work for the brand. If i missed someone, my apologies.

john biggins

Thanks fuel
Very happy with my current d
Ok more complicated that the c
But more comfortable to drive etc
Like it a lot
But like to know what a sensible next step would be
But I might be better sticking with what I have by sounds of it too