• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A quick change cutting edge? SharqEdges

SharqAttack

With the P300 i find that some of the stones catch between the teeth and drag along leaving gouges when feathering out loose material, and thats the only issue I have with them. I've run serrated blades, sandvics, etc. When I started with this job I'm on now this blade system was already installed on the 12 m so I really can't compare on the fuel savings. All in all it is a great setup tho. I also have that tool shown in the video for removing the wedges..works great

Very happy they are working for you Grader4me, yeah I also like the tool for removing makes it much easier and faster. Best of luck to you

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
I'm using theses edges right now and all I can say is good about them I'm using the p300 they leave a very good finshed product after working your road,they cut pot holes and washboards out very easily I used to blade in 4th gear all the time now with the sharq edges I run 5th at 1200rpms and am saving 3 gallons of fuel an hour heres a few pics of the blades and the finished product you have after cutting and relaying your road01d64124eb35deb5d138a0b68d917ba596a9bda8fa.jpg019a0f25b8ab637a61c57c9f627593b08c52d12f88.jpg019a239c77be6f3b5317fe45aa5237e06d73c60b30.jpg

DMCWearParts

There is another high quality option for this style of edge. Borox BluSteel is producing high quality quick change edges that use the Scandinavian wedge mount system. A lot of the edge profiles they offer are up to 1.5" taller than that of Sharq, so you are getting more steel. In this style of cutting edge system that extra steel is all usable steel because you burn both ends of the blade. This is a huge difference that should be considered when pricing these edges out on a per foot cost basis. I would be happy to answer any questions about the Borox BluSteel Grader Blade System.