• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little tall!

Oversizeload

I was helping a crane and rigging company move a crushing/screening plant from one location to another on the same property. The only obsticle I had to deal with was a set of wires but I had a good 5 feet of clearance. any guesses on how tall this load was? The truck is 10'6" tall so im guessing at least 30'.

conveyor-453x383.jpg

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Um wasnt that built to be towed? yeah 30 looks about right to me...

Oversizeload

I guess a long time ago it would have been towable. I moved the whole plant, it took 2 days. Point a to point b was only 200 feet but it was one of situations where you couldnt get there. It was about a 1/2 mile the way I had to go.

Tiny

That is worrisome to me.Out of all I drag ,Over height is the worst.That also being over your cab is scarey

Attachments

• conveyor-453x383.jpg
    conveyor-453x383.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,090

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
The real question is did you try and chain it down or let her ride? You probley should of put one of those airplane flags on top of it or at least a blinkie light.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Why didn't you just have the utility drop the circuit? Around here, as long as the customers are not too many, it is not all that expensive to arrange an outage.