• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little Ca work

hvy 1ton

Just about every time lapse i've watch you can see the thumbs leak down. I wonder if the aux valves are as tight as the others or they just wear faster. The boom and stick valves must be in good shape because i never saw them budge. Always impressed with how neat everything looks start to finish when you're doing demo. Good work and do some more jobs for that GC so we can get some more time lapse goodness.

big ben

Just about every time lapse i've watch you can see the thumbs leak down. I wonder if the aux valves are as tight as the others or they just wear faster. The boom and stick valves must be in good shape because i never saw them budge. Always impressed with how neat everything looks start to finish when you're doing demo. Good work and do some more jobs for that GC so we can get some more time lapse goodness.

The boom and stick have anti-drift valves bolted to the control valve or else they will do the same.

oarwhat

It surprises me, with so much going on in that post, that the thumb is what guys are keying in on. With as many hrs as that old girl has on her if she wants to relax, I`m ok with it.

I'm not picking on the machine or operator just made an observation. Nice work he did on that demo. I like to watch good operators and cringe watching the bad ones. Some are so smooth and you can see they think about all of there next moves. Others just keep doing the same things wrong and jerking the machine all over.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
It surprises me, with so much going on in that post, that the thumb is what guys are keying in on. With as many hrs as that old girl has on her if she wants to relax, I`m ok with it.

I noticed and chocked it up as the thumb leaking down :beatsme - there was way more interesting things going on in the other frames.:yup

There is nothing like a smooth running demo job where the structure is taken down and the debris removed efficiently, all in orchestra. Like a good dirt job where the trucks are rolling in on time, the compaction tests are spot on and at the end of the day you see what you've accomplished.:D

joispoi

Great video of a clean job site.

I'm not sure I'd want to work on your jobs, though...if it's not snakes, it's the cops. lol :D

Love the pictures and the 350 looks good. Thanks for sharing.

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
The new machine is still working out real well, the quick coupler has allowed me to use this old bucket I bought about 17yrs ago, had the ears moved to fit my cat but the outfit built it wrong so it never fit. As luck would have it fits the 350 perfectly. It really came in handy for digging out and cleaning up the stumps on these big ukes were removing.
20150302_152258.jpg
20150303_151557.jpg
I found the Keebler Mexican.
20150224_135721.jpg
20150302_130349.jpg

Landclearer

Good to hear the Deere is all you hoped it would be. I am guessing it is a bit faster than the 330? That is quite the tree. We would never be allowed to take down a tree that size around here.

TrentNz

Fantastic read! Good to see someone who does a neat job all day every day. This is what im running at the moment, yeah its a hyundai but shes not too bad. Atleast at lower hours. Good to see the deere is working out for you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 983
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 974

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's a lot of breath mints in that truck.:D

ddigger

Occupation
My land clearing and demo gig slowed for a bit, which is normal for the early spring. So I snuck away to help an outfit with a little pipe work. Didn't want you guys thinking all I did was tree pushing.
20150414_133844.jpg

Fastdirt

That ditch looks great and I mean great. It's obviously a pretty deep ditch or a really small man down there.

Oxbow

My land clearing and demo gig slowed for a bit, which is normal for the early spring. So I snuck away to help an outfit with a little pipe work. Didn't want you guys thinking all I did was tree pushing.
View attachment 133846

Kinda makes a fellow wish there was a button on one of the joysticks to widen the bucket until you got down to the bottom trench width! Very nice work indeed!

ddigger

Occupation
Kinda makes a fellow wish there was a button on one of the joysticks to widen the bucket until you got down to the bottom trench width! Very nice work indeed!
No foolin huh, thanks for the kind words. I haven't dug pipe hardly at all for nearly 15 years. Kinda like riding a bike.

ddigger

Occupation
I came upon a bunch of pictures the other day of jobs that I never shared before some of which are a bit different.
The first was an experimental erosion control project for the army corps. It was a total failure. I had to carve benches into the hillside which was a bit of a chore as I had to move a charge of dirt along with me to reach the top bench, once I had generated enough material it got a bit easer. They placed peeler cores on the benches and then fastened them together with cable and the planted willow cuttings in between each post (which were supposed to take root). When the Lake Level rose the whole mess floated away!
20141120_132934.jpg 20141120_132954.jpg
20141120_133029.jpg

ddigger

Occupation
Next is a 5 million gal underground storage tank. Seemed like and endless chore, but it was good duty and interesting project.
20141120_130715.jpg 20141120_130740.jpg
20141120_130831.jpg 20141120_130951.jpg
20141120_131006.jpg

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
When the Lake Level rose the whole mess floated away!

Sounds about right. Back in the 80's LA County flood control opened up the outlet pipe on the Pacoima Dam in the San Fernando Valley during heavy rains. The water hit the other side of the canyon and made a huge mess of things. They spent millions to shotcrete the canyon wall using their own mix design. During the '94 Northridge quake the dam did fine, but I heard the shotcrete and steel fell off the wall to the canyon floor.

Great pics by the way!

ddigger

Occupation
Here is a little stream bed rehabilitation in a city park.
20141120_135408.jpg 20141120_135420.jpg
20141120_135430.jpg 20141120_135811.jpg
Last picture isn't very clear but slope is rebuilt and I am acting as a jack so we could change the tire on the bobcat.
20141120_135858.jpg