• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A little Ca work

truckdoctor

Occupation
mechanic
The problem was you were being politically incorrect by tearing down that tree. They were too distracted by that to read the "Road Closed" sign.

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
The mobe must have been more than the day rate on the hoe.
Jobs like this actually,pay pretty well.
Wolf all in all it turned out to be about 43, those Monterey pines were about the biggest. We used climbers on a few, and had to grind a few stumps that were to close to utilitys to pull. And we did get scolded more than a few times for removing the trees.
IMAG00831.jpg

Wolf

I'm sure the tree huggers and leaf lickers were having a fit at you pulling out the trees. Haha on them! Love it.

Wolf

I know a guy on here who got to doze some Torrey Pines down in San Diego, when he was testing out a big machine, and he said the Sierra Club just went wild. Haha. It's all too funny.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I know a guy on here who got to doze some Torrey Pines down in San Diego, when he was testing out a big machine, and he said the Sierra Club just went wild. Haha. It's all too funny.

Personally I never find it funny to knock down trees. It's planned out and sometimes they need to go, it just part of our human existence on this earth. Trees grow, trees die on their own and sometimes we take them down. I think it's our responsibility as contractors and operators to do what has to be done but not be careless or callus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger in the current societal definition but more a steward. A steward understands the balance that needs to be maintained. A steward cares for his heard of cattle but sends them to slaughter when it's time.:cool2

OldandWorn

Well said CM. Even if a tree needs to be taken down for a very good reason it's sad to see the old ones fall in just a few minutes with a saw.

ddigger

Occupation
Even thou I do make a huge part of my living removing trees, it does often sadden me. Not so much when its nonnative or invasive spiecies which is the case most of the time. Here in California native plants are for the most part mitigated at about 10 to 1(for every one removed 10 new ones planted). That being said, I do have huge respect for our enviorment. As I know Wolf does to.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Very well said CM1995
Personally I never find it funny to knock down trees. It's planned out and sometimes they need to go, it just part of our human existence on this earth. Trees grow, trees die on their own and sometimes we take them down. I think it's our responsibility as contractors and operators to do what has to be done but not be careless or callus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger in the current societal definition but more a steward. A steward understands the balance that needs to be maintained. A steward cares for his heard of cattle but sends them to slaughter when it's time.

I doubt there would be anyone on this board who has knocked down more trees than I have. It was my job it's how I made my living but somehow it never seemed right to walk into a five thousand acre paddock and chain it fence to fence.

Cheers

ddigger

Occupation
Been busy as can be pretty much since mid March, what I haven't been is good about taking pictures or posting. So here are a few from recent jobs starting with a little homestead that I made go away in 3 days last wk, to make room for yet another subdivision. It had 2 houses a garage and a small hay barn.
IMAG01581.jpgIMAG0160.jpgIMAG0173.jpg

Next we moved to the City of Woodland Ca, where we removed a bunch of trees buildings, block, tin buildings a couple stick built houses and an old barn. To make way for a new Superior Court building, we also removed a the curb sidewalk and gutter around the 4 block site along with a bunch of concrete slabs.
IMAG01301.jpgIMAG01321.jpg

ddigger

Occupation
I also included a picture of one of the highsides we use, it calks out at 89cuyds, and has axel scales that are accurate to within 50lbs. We have also done a lot of clearing jobs and tree removal type work as well. With no end in sight for the rest of the season. I also snuck in A little under ground in the mix.
IMAG01491.jpgIMAG01282.jpgditch1.jpg

Worked in some real healthy poison oak and found a few rattle worms as well.
IMAG0180.jpgsnake5.jpg

Wolf

Those are some awesome wrecking jobs, Brad. Nice work, man. Glad to hear things are going so well for you, and would love to take some shots of the next one you do.

ddigger

Occupation
DDigger, How's work going? You must be busy.

Regards, CD

Yes Sir, slammed, in fact heading over close to where I think you said your folks are, to start a job at the Healdsburg Airport in the morning. Its just north of Santa Rosa on 101.
Its been a really good season so far with no end in sight for a while, and about 1/4 of the yrs work for next yr already on the books. Me and the old 330L are still chugging right along. It looks like you have had a pretty decent season yourself. I hope it continues for you. Thanks for checking in.

ddigger

Occupation
Well, busted out the little clearing job in Healdsburg. Had 5 days in it, did it in 3. These are shots of one of 3 locations on the site. A cloud shadowed the last just as I wanted a picture, of course.
IMAG02251.jpgIMAG02281.jpg
IMAG02311.jpg

Wolf

Well, busted out the little clearing job in Healdsburg. Had 5 days in it, did it in 3. These are shots of one of 3 locations on the site. A cloud shadowed the last just as I wanted a picture, of course.
]/QUOTE]

Nice. Looking good, Brad!