• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

a fresno?

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
i was learning how to run a scraper,{631c} and had the privileage of pulling in front of a growly old timer, he wasnt a very big guy but he loked mean sitting in the h, {solid dozer} if i didnt pull in right, wam, all day long seemed like i didnt do a thing right, im sure the stinger on that 31 was about a foot shorter than when i started running it. he called me and this other kid the fresno twins. after i started to do better we got along alot better, one day i finally asked him what a fresno was, he said it was the first scraper ever made and he could move more dirt with a fresno than i could with the 31. after i finally seen a fresno i realized the joke. has anybody ever moved dirt or have pics of a fresno?

Turbo21835

Thanks for the pic ROP. Around here everyone calls them drag scoops. Horsepower at its finest is true. Those rigs sip very little fuel in a day, but you gotta watch out for tailpipe emissions. They might not be able to pass CARB rules.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
good pics rop, the best ones ive seen of them working, looks like they were the pioneers of picking up windrows, the way they are staggered i think thats what they are doin.

dirtwhore

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
The only other time I seen a Fresno was on a sticker on the side of a pickup beloning to a contractor in New Mexico a few years ago. ( top side off the sticker was a fresno, the bottom end was a 631, cant remember the contracors name) I had no idea what they were till now! The origanial Horse and Can!

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
Fresno

Hey, I got two of them sitting in my driveway..:usa