• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A couple pics of my hobby-turned-disease...

Mr plow

Occupation
Cabinetmaker
Pretty nice back hoe, looks like it has new tires. that will be handy to have. Wish I could make it to Balston Spa! That old A Car look pretty sweet pulling that lowboy:). Keep the pictures coming. Maybe some from the truck show Saturday. Cheers Martin:drinkup

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Pretty nice back hoe, looks like it has new tires. that will be handy to have. Wish I could make it to Balston Spa! That old A Car look pretty sweet pulling that lowboy:). Keep the pictures coming. Maybe some from the truck show Saturday. Cheers Martin:drinkup

I'll try to get show pics Mr Plow...but for some reason every show I attend, I get so busy talking to people that I never seem to take a single picture myself, lol. I'll try to though.

C'mon nedly...make it happen!

LowBoy

Occupation
It was looking good as of last night...!

Well, I'll be there Saturday with the '63 Acar and the lowbed with a 20 ft. storage box that I'm swinging by to pick up right down the road from the Ballston Spa Fairgrounds,(long as the plan stays as it is currently anyhow,) and coming back Sunday with the '73 cabover Transtar just for the heck of it. Either way, come by and say hello!
Don't know where I'll be parked...they never have any rhyme or reason when it comes to parking trucks, they just cram them into these shows like sardines. You'd like to be with other trucks of the same caliber, but it's never that way.

DigDug

Nice trucks and equipment ! Good for u keeping it going. I love old stuff and would rather run it than anything new.

LowBoy

Occupation
LowBoy, I guess I'm not going to make it. I was pretty psyched too, oh well hopefully next year.

That stinks, but I know how it goes...next year then.

I almost didn't make it as of last night. I was backing my cabover Transtar onto my little lowbed and dropped the passenger side tire off the side and all but tipped the truck over doing it. I spent a bit of time jacking, blocking, and built a temporary ramp alongside the trailer's ramp to catch the tire on again, and very slowly drove back off. At that point, I decided I better stick to driving it on as usual. Got dark, out of patience and pretty miserable...almost gave up going to the show but this morning I'm back with a fresh perspective and going out there to reposition the truck and chain her down to head to Ballston Spa show as planned.

Originally I was going to pick up a 20 ft. storage box on the way there, but I couldn't get anyone in the area with a rollback or wrecker to come lift it so I could load it on, so that's a bust. Amazed how no one would want to make a $100 bill for 20 minutes worth of work, but that's just me. That's why I need my own stuff....

Mr plow

Occupation
Cabinetmaker
That sucks. I hate when stuff like that happens. lucky you were home and had access to jacks and planks and such. Hopfully no damages ? Anyways enjoy Balston Spa , looking forward to more pics.
Martin

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Hope you don't regret that JCB as much as I regret mine. My problem is parts. Nearest dealer was in Fargo ND. I drove 90 miles one morning last year to the dealer, walked in around 10:30 AM to be told "sorry as of 8:00 AM we are no longer a JCB dealer". Now it's a drive to the north side of the Twin Cities at 130 miles.

Great pictures.

Rick

VTredneck

Hot damn LowBoy.............I've been driving by your place for years. I live about ten minutes from you in Heartwellville. LOVE those old girls you got camping out in your yard. Guess I've gotta stop by some day to visit. Nice stuff to be sure. I actually stopped by when you had the Transtar out front for sale, but was a bit short in the pocket. Damn, was a nice piece too.