• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A chuckle at my expense

curly

Occupation
loader operator
So I'm at work cleaning out under the tail drums from the crusher, la de da life is good, got my 12 or so foot long piece of channel to get the stuff I can't reach with the bucket on and doing my thing. Well for those not knowing my thing is getting the channel filled with material then ya back up just right and flip the bucket back so it flies on into the bucket.....when everything goes right. I had just emptied the bucket so it would flip back faster, and not needing the reverse then stop to make it all get in. Well long story not too much longer I backed up too quick then stopped and flipped with juuuusst the wrong timing and well dangit if I didn't get more dirt in my lap than in the dang bucket!!! Oh well, made me chuckle.

Lashlander

Gotta be able to laugh at yourself once in a while. There was a video off of U Tube that showed the same thing with a skid steer loading a truck. Pretty funny.

mouse

Occupation
(wishfully) avoiding work as much as possible
curly, none too sure i understood your work process but the hydrapower pivotwd dwbris scraper might be a handy toy for you.

i've not seen one in the flesh nor in action tho. they have a webiste, aussie based company

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
curly, none too sure i understood your work process but the hydrapower pivotwd dwbris scraper might be a handy toy for you.

i've not seen one in the flesh nor in action tho. they have a webiste, aussie based company

From Google: Did you mean hydrapower pivoted debris? .... :)

Anyway... here's the link, mouse.... I think.... ;)

http://www.hydrapower.com.au/

OCR

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Curly, not sure if this will help or not, but on the crusher I used to work with we took our old belting cut it into 10 ta 12 foot lengths, then bolted loops of chain to them. The loops where probably 3 foot lengths of chain just bolted at each end, then laid them side by side under the crusher at the tailpulleys or anywhere else that material collected that we couldn't get to easy. then at the end of the day or week depending on how much got on each piece we would hook up to it with either the skid steer or a loader and drag them out and dump them. That made our lives a whole lot easier.

Ray

curly

Occupation
loader operator

That's a pretty slick setup but I think it's out of the companies price range (bastards want profit!).

Curly, not sure if this will help or not, but on the crusher I used to work with we took our old belting cut it into 10 ta 12 foot lengths, then bolted loops of chain to them. The loops where probably 3 foot lengths of chain just bolted at each end, then laid them side by side under the crusher at the tailpulleys or anywhere else that material collected that we couldn't get to easy. then at the end of the day or week depending on how much got on each piece we would hook up to it with either the skid steer or a loader and drag them out and dump them. That made our lives a whole lot easier.

Ray

I like that idea, I'll run that by the boss and see what he thinks as it would make it alot easier.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
We didn't have to buy anything for them either all we did was just use the old ones we took off the crusher. takes minutes to make saves hours of fighting. Maybe next time I'm home I can run down to the quarry and snap some pics.

Turbo21835

Used to work for a demo company. Naturally we had crushers. Our bobcats were also equipped with grapple buckets. The crusher guys just slide pieces of steel plates to catch the tailings. They would grab and drag the plate out when they were cleaning up