• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A Cat D6b... my newly acquired step child.... Age? 44A1053

Homer Dokes

Occupation
Jack of all trades... pretty damn good at some.
Greetings,

As of this last Thursday I am the proud owner of a Cat D6b baby boy. Had it hauled to it's new home and am now learning what I have committed to. Through my previous research I have narrowed it's DOB to 1960 but would like to confirm that as I have no actual confirmation as of yet. I have not yet been able to actually determine it's weight either. In hind site I should have had the diesel stork (low boy hauler) stop by the scales before delivering it.

I am not new to the world of big toys.... cut my teeth many moons ago on a JD 2010 crawler with clam shell bucket and backhoe. I currently own numerous pieces of industrial equipment to include a JD350b crawler, 2 Case CK580's, 5 fork lifts, Single axle dump truck, 2 industrial man lifts, and a partridge in a pear tree... I think that's how it goes. I have also assembled a 16,000 sq ft prototyping shop which affords me to repair, overhaul, and build anything my little pea brain has a hankerin to. All this is to say that the D6b has a new home that will serve it well.

I will be speaking to it's quirks and needs here in the coming month as it was purchased to be instrumental in another new endeavor.... building a subdivision from scratch. For anyone that can confirm my suspicions regarding it's birth date I thank you in advance.

Rob Gunn

Checkout the antique caterpillar club website. Someone there should be able to help with date of build and a number of other helpful advice. Also check with your local Cat dealer.

Homer Dokes

Occupation
1960 is the correct build date for s/n 44A1053
Thanks OM. I've seen your moniker as I have researched and read other posts on here. Figured it was just a matter of time I would hear from you and am humbled. I have lot's to post here as I continue to broaden my relationship with my D6b and hope that you have plenty to offer.

Homer Dokes

Occupation
lmao. Thus far it's just been a simple thrill to operate.

Homer Dokes

Occupation
Hydraulic. 11/5' blade. Am starting my first 75 to 80 home development on 25 acres. About 8 acres is heavily vegetated with 4" to 12" trees and underbrush. Topical engineers are involved right now and wish to have line of site for their laser telemetry.... go figure. :)

Mission Man

So could anyone help me decipher the year of this Hein-Werner c12hd from the tag? Also trying to find out the engine model. All I know is that stamped on it is GM Diesel.
Here's some pics.

Attachments

• Hien c12hd.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 15
  • hien c12hd model.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 13
  • KIMG0554.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 13