1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

9x14.5 Tires/Wheels

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by DeereJohn, Nov 17, 2019.

1. DeereJohn

DeereJohn Active Member

Anybody on here have experience with these? I bought a trailer (1991), 12ton, made by Custom Trailers, and it has these tires in tandem duals. They look like mobile home tires. Is there a rim size/tire combo I can change over to that is more modern? Should I be concerned about using this type of tire? The rims are hub pilot, so atleast theres no crazy outside clamping...

This is an equipment trailer that will be used a few times a year, all local, no over the highway stuff.

Thanks

DMiller likes this.
  2. 1693TA

1693TA Well-Known Member

FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
    Used to be a fairly common size tire on pintle and tag trailers. Not mobile home tires as much heavier built and reliable. My old skid steer trailer had 8.5-14.5 tires on open center rims.

Don't know about a more common size myself to use with unimount hubs.

DMiller likes this.
  3. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I have never seen this tire used as a dual i would like to see this. I bought a trailer this summer that has 14.5s. I used 14.5s alot years ago they worked ok but i think i will change axles on this trailer.

DMiller likes this.
  4. Jonas302

Jonas302 Senior Member

Heavy duty 14.5 are available Not trailer house tires Otherwise will have to measure bolt pattern and see what will fit

DMiller likes this.