• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

'99 Komatsu PC 220-6

Swamp rat

Was looking for information on converting over controls on this excavator without changing lines. i was told different stories 1) cannt be done without swapping lines 2) told by another that it can be swapped from the control panel in the cab.
If anyone knows how to do it from the panel - directions would be very appreciated.

thanks

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I all depends on if you have a hand pattern control changer. Gray market machines usually them mounted behind the cab and look like a big tube with hoses coming out of the sides and a hand lever at the top. Follow your pilot lines to the back of the cab and you will either see the mentioned changer or a square manifold block. I you only have the manifold block you will have to swap pilot lines around.

I have a drawing of the pilot locations on the manifold. I'll try to convert my photo of the manifold itself later.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Dash 6 Pilots.pdf
    28.6 KB · Views: 132

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I'll try this again. I can't get the pdf file to upload yet. Anyway the jpg file should help.

Attachments

• Control Swap 1.jpg
    Control Swap 1.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 556