• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

'99 450G...looking for new pads with snow cut outs...

Temu

I've had enough of this popping after this last storm...anyone have any leads? I suppose I could have my worn pads redone and holes cut, but...any ideas?

Temu

Just can't seem to find them anywhere, Dang. Any idea what ballpark cost is to regrouser? Wondering if the places that do track repair can regrouse AND cut the hole?

Tags

Can you possibly cut holes in the existing pads? If they're almost at the end of their life anyway, what do you have to lose? A plasma cutter and a cut out pattern to locate and cut around on the trackpad would make it pretty easy I would think.

Temu

They need grousers...these are original pads @ 3370 hours...and having SALT rails, they all have to come off anyways.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
Did you check with Deere to see if they have any in the Deere system? If not you will probably have to special order them. It will take about four months to get them in if done correctly.

Temu

Dayuuuuum! 4 months? I called the local dealer Friday (PAPE), had no idea, said he would get back to me...nuthin yet.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
I guessing here as I'm using 450G as the base machine. The book is listing several different tracks. If your track chain has numbers on the links like this T126959 LH and T126958 RH have your JD guy check this number for you T127057 Open Center 16" single grouser.

I order a lot of special shoes for the company I work for and it usually takes about 4 months. On these shoes they would come out of Italy. I can help you with all the information but I can't sell them directly to you. If I could I would be we only sell to repair shops.

If your JD guy is still lost maybe I can refer you to one of our customers. We have warehouses in Reno and San Bernardino but our customer are all over the U.S.

Master Link

Occupation
Heavy Equipment repair
Yeah that's the exact page I was on. That's the JD online Catalog.

Temu

Considering I may be better off just getting a set of standard pads and finding a local plasma cutter to zip the holes out...hoping it won't come to that...but may be more cost effective.

Temu

TREK brand undercarriage products any good? Finally got a quote, but never heard of that brand...warranty for 3 yr/4000 hr.