• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

980H - "SERVICE CODE" but none found. JOYSTICK cal cannot be accessed

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
Morning gents.

I have a rather odd issue regarding on of our units. ( 2010 980H – Ser # CJMS05365 ) and I was wondering if you guys could be of some assistance to us.

Here goes:

• Loss of TILT, LIFT & LIFT CONTROL LEVER calibrations ( Thus, loss of auto kickouts for both )
  • Unit HAD active codes ( 82 350 13, 82 351 13, 82 352 13 )
  • TILT recalibration performed ( via clicker box ) & code cleared
  • LIFT recalibration performed ( via clicker box ) & code cleared
  • CONTROL LEVER recalibration attempted.
- System would not advance past step # 7 : “10_ _03” ( in order to access LEVER calibration, machine needs to be into mode “10_ _05”

- When cycling “clear switch” , dash will NOT move out of “10_ _03” and into “10_ _05”

- When dash cycled back into normal operating setting ( HOUR METER ) it still depicts an “ACTIVE SERVICE CODE” – @ Top RH corner

- When accessing CODES TABLE ( “ - 03 - “ ) no codes are present and three dashes are in the screen ( “_ _ _” )

- LIFT control lever was replaced & still cannot access RECALIBRATION screen, as required

As of right now, Auto TILT & bucket kick out are working. Auto boom up is NOT & machine depicts “ACTIVE CODE” when none are found.

Any assistance with this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
So let me see if I understand you...……
You performed the Tilt & Lift Linkage Position (external) Sensor calibrations successfully using the Click Box.
What's failing now are the calibrations of the Tilt/Lift Lever Position sensors..?

Are both the Parking Brake and the Implement System Hydraulic Lockout switches set to "ON"..?
If yes, can you confirm that the required signals/grounds from those two switches are getting to the Implement ECM..?
Do you have the Electrical Schematic.?

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
NIGE !!! Once again, you are amazing! And I could kiss you ( again )
I friggin' forgot to apply "HYD LOCKOUT"
I just recalibrated the controls WITH the Lockout switch ON, and we are good to go.
Thank you good sir!