• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

!974 580ck Rebuild

Mike.580ck

i recently purchased a 1974 Case 580 ck , the guy i got it from had the top end of the engine apart , its the 188 diesel well he had all new parts to put it back together new felpro gaskets came with it and he had the injection pump recently rebuilt he said, the Head had been completely redone at a local machine shop new valves and they surfaced the head all that good stuff well i got that all put together but im still missing a few parts , someone stole the radiator out of it and i cant seem to find a cheap one anywhere they are all 400 dollars and up , well i would appreciate any insight if anyone knows this particular machine well , i know i will have questions in the future , right now the fuel rail is missing and i cant find very many pics of it online if anyone had some i would appreciate it i wonder if i can make one with T's and tubing , and another question i have is on the plate right above the loader control valve i saw a slight glimpse of some rods or tubing i couldnt tell but mine is just blank on top of the plate that the valve mounts to there is a metal bung with the top plate and single bolt i know used to hold something down if anyone had pictures of that would be awesome also Thanks and i love the site

Tinkerer

Hi Mike, All the part illustrations and part numbers are available online. You have to go thru a dealer's website to get access to it. Be sure to put 580C -- NOT 580CK in the model search box. This picture is an example of what you are looking for. $ 400.00 for a decent radiator isn't that far out of line price wise around where I live. I just paid $165.00 to have mine cleaned and some seams re-soldered. It cost $725.00 to have it re-cored 4 years ago. Also welcome to the forum !

Attachments

• 580C Fuel Lines (459 x 600).jpg
    580C Fuel Lines (459 x 600).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 440

Mike.580ck

i got the notification on my phone but i just now see the schematic THANK you i know i can make my own fuel rail now i wasnt sure if it was a solid piece of tubing but now i see its just t's with compression fittings and copper tubing i would assume ? do you know the kind of fuel pressure that runs in the system ?

Mike.580ck

i have learned that diagrams like these are my friend when putting together something im not familiar with , i wish i had one of the entire engine and fuel system and wiring , the wiring is all loose and there isnt a main battery cable from the battery to the solenoid , i did jump from the battery straight to the solenoid and the starter would spin over but not engage so im not sure whats going on there , im still wondering what the parts are that are missing from the top of the bucket control valve plate ?

Tinkerer

Mike, You can go to this web-site http://www.colemanequip.com/Case_Parts.asp Then in the upper right hand corner of the the web-page you will see (Case and Case IH Parts Catalogs Online) just under that it says [Case Construction] open that and type 580C in the box next to where it says [Model] in the upper left hand corner. That is where you will find just about every thing you need for your tractor. A lot of those part numbers are outdated. For some reason the Case -IH company gave all those parts a different and newer part number. As far as I know only the dealers have the ability to cross reference the old numbers to the new ones.

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
It's strange that different ones use different links to get to the Case parts pages.
My favorite path is to go here.:cool2

http://www.eldridgesupply.com/new-parts.htm

Next, click on the link below for "Construction Parts". (Agriculture parts is for Case tractors)
The pages seem to be larger and easier for me to use.
Willie posted a link straight to Case once but this has a tree that I find harder to navigate.
So far as I know these have the same information, which is indeed old numbers at times.
Looks like Case would update the files.

You can right click on the drawings to save them as .gif? of jpg images.

I normally go back to the Coleman site to get current prices. (Normally cheaper than Case online or any local dealers)
Coleman has all the drawings also but these are harder for me to find the correct part pages.
I have suspected that some companies sell you stuff like o-rings under the Case numbers, but possibly are not atually real Case parts.
They ship in plastic bags without Case stickers.:confused: So far everything I have ordered from Coleman works.

Tinkerer

Coleman has all the drawings also but these are harder for me to find the correct part pages.
I have suspected that some companies sell you stuff like o-rings under the Case numbers, but possibly are not actually real Case parts.
They ship in plastic bags without Case stickers.:confused: So far everything I have ordered from Coleman works.

Have you used the item search box when you are viewing the parts tree list ? I have had great success finding parts that way.

Mike.580ck

My machine came missing the generator also, can i just swap in a normal 12 volt alternator ? i did find the one link just now it looks like its going to be very helpfull Thank you Tinkerer

Mike.580ck

from what i can see in the parts diagrams it looks like the "bucket position controls " is missing, and theres no rod running along side the loader arms ill try and upload a picture

nova481

Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Hi Mike

If you want I have the parts and service manuals on cd. I can copy them and mail them to you

gusbratz

I have a 1963 case 530 Ag tractor with the 188 diesel; it has the CAV injectors in it. Looks like you may have different injectors. But with mine that return line has little rubber grommets at each joint and they were all shot. I put 1/8 npt stainless hose barbs from a beer supply store into the injectors and put little pieces of fuel line on them going down to the rail. The rail itself is little steel pieces of 1/4 inch tubing fish mouthed and brazed onto the main 3/8 steel tube rail. Wouldn’t be that hard to make. Only pressure it sees is the static head from the fuel tank as it returns leak by off the injector bodies and excess fuel from the vane pump inside the injector pump back to the tank.

Attachments

• zoopics021.jpg
    zoopics021.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 454

Tinkerer

from what i can see in the parts diagrams it looks like the "bucket position controls " is missing, and theres no rod running along side the loader arms ill try and upload a picture
Is it this rod Mike ? If it is missing you really need to replace it . One of it's functions is to stop the bucket from rolling back and dumping it's contents on you when you raise the loader.

Attachments

• Anti Roll Back Control_e0.png
    Anti Roll Back Control_e0.png
    1 MB · Views: 341

Mike.580ck

to Nova 481 that would be awesome ill send you a private message , and Tinkerer thats it i went and looked at a friends machine today and got a better idea, the mounting bungs for a lack of the proper word are there on top of the plate i see now that on the control valve has a piece that sticks up and i can see now that the rod through linkages forces the control valve to keep the bucket level I really appreciate that help guys and ,. and Gusbratz i wasnt able to find the parts but now that i realize its just the return im going to take one of the injectors into my local auto parts / oilfield supply house and see if i can get some t's and quarter inch copper tubing and make what i need but i however do like yours better , i could even use 1/8 npt pipe and make it like that with small hose barbs which i have all that i would need to make it that way i guess it just depends on how much the fittings are to make it with copper , i like working with copper tubing i dont know what it is about it, maybe because its fancier looking and expensive lol But THANK you guys i really appreciate it so far its helping alot