• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

973 slows track movement

farmer bob

i have a 973 serial# 86G00173. the issue im having is that when the machine is cold, it travels fast forward and back. after running 30mins to an hour, it starts to slow down to a walking pace. fresh filter and oil. iso32 hydraulic oil. when i go from WOT to idle, it feels like it speeds up for an instant. my question is, could the pressure relief valve be stuck partially open so that when the oil is cold it pushes most through the filter, and when its hot, the majority goes to case return? the filter is a cat filter but i dont remember the part number.

farmer bob

i would like to add that the machine has 11k hours on it. i had two hydrostat hoses leak and have replaced. when i replaced the oil after the first hose, i unwittingly put in iso68 oil. i believe this may be where my travel speed issues started. if the PRV is stuck open or has a broken spring, how and where is it located? is it attached to the base of the filter housing, because i cant find any details of it in my service manual?