• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

973 boom drifting down

Jtdavis81

I recently bought a 973. S/N 66G00946. It had been sitting for several years and I’m trying to get all the bugs worked out of it. Changed all fluids and filters and all mostly works good. I’m having an issue with the boom drifting down. Slowly most of the time but once I get to working it it will continue to drift fast from time to time. I just have to bump up on the lift lever and it stops until the next time. I’ve already replaced all the cylinder seal kits but I assume this is an issue with my spool valve. Anyway to test this valve or something?

Jtdavis81

The linkage for the lift and tilt are really good. Both move freely. The old hydraulic oil did have water in it.