• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963B undercarriage replacement options

heymccall

Time has come to replace the bottom of our 963B. Dealer says last one was $35k parts and labor, without grease jack work. I wanna say he said $18k parts and $17k labor.
I'm putting Cat OEM rails on Cat generic roller on my 320DLRR next week or so, at $10k in parts.

So, can any one recommend suitable aftermarket track components, besides Berco or Serifa? that would be worthy of putting on this machine?

Berco lasted 1800 hours on my 943 and less than 1200 on my Leeboy 8515. And Serifa tracks I put on a 322B always bound up at the links when new and only lasted 6k hours, where the originals went 9k. Hell, I've got 11k on this 320DLRR on all original UC.

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
A local contractor that has 4 963's runs TREK undercarriage on his and seems to be pretty happy with them. He is also a dealer for TREK but I think the only reason he is a dealer is to get a discount because he doesn't 'beat the bushes' trying to sell it. I had him quote me a price a few months ago for a Komatsu D65. The quote for complete undercarriage except for the front idlers was $12,900.00. That didn't seem out of line to me but I have not gotten any other quotes to compare it to.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Local contractor deals CAT on all his UC changeouts on his Cat machines. Tried a few other brands across the years said he won't do aftermarket anymore except for old machines he uses on farm.