• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963B 9BL serial

jeff5080

I had a track leaking off so i removed the barrel and piston and found the barrel had rust pits and chrome gone in it so i put a new one in it. The piston looks good other than a little rust behind the seal toward the idler so I replaced the seals on the outer barrel and new seal on the piston.Now whats happening, when i pump the track out it will stay intill i move the machine back and forth its leaking off a slow rate. Ive got the seal on the piston the right way. Anybody got any ideals.

jeff5080

Grease gotta go somewhere. Either around the rod seal, or the grease valve.
I checked the grease valve and looks like no grease leaking there. Its got a new rod seal the only thing i can think of is the seal rolled when i put it in the barrel i sprayed the barrel with wd40
could be the oring in item 14 just in front of the valve
I replaced it new also.