• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955h ?

russ61

Occupation
screw machine shop supervisor
On my 955 I seem to have "lost" 2nd gear.When I'm in high range it almost never went in.Now its got to where it won't go in at all.I pulled the valve body and put in new O rings(yellow ones) no change.I think there is a lockout on the range transmission somewhere.Are there any old timers around that have run into this before?I'm planning to get into the pasture this week end and clear around my terex with a thrown track,oh joy! :pointhead

Rusted

How much wear is there in the shift linkage?, if it's real loose you may not be getting quite enough travel to engage 2nd.

russ61

Occupation
screw machine shop supervisor
linkage is lose but it feels like it hits a wall.Changed the trans filter the other night and it was collapsed on the inside?any reason for this?
thanks russ

Rusted

Unless you know how long the filter has been in there it may have collapsed through old age.
linkage is lose but it feels like it hits a wall.Changed the trans filter the other night and it was collapsed on the inside?any reason for this?
thanks russ