• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

955 Bucket Repair

hetkind

Found it...the supplier for the MFN tip:

A link to grade T welding hose:

https://www.atlweldingsupply.com/co.../products/1-4-x-100-grade-t-twin-welding-hose

and a generic rosebud tip for a Victor Journeyman handle, 300 series.

WeldingCity.com
2870 North Berkeley Lake Rd. Unit 3
Duluth, Georgia 30096
United States
Phone: 770.609.8032
Email: service@weldingcity.com
Order #92461976
Date: 11/28/2016, 09:38
Payment method: Debit Credit Card
Shipping method: USPS Priority Mail or UPS Shipping
Customer:
Howard Etkind

Phone: 423-743-6200

Bill to:
Howard

Ship to:
Howard

Product Quantity Unit price Subtotal
10-MFN Propane/Natural Gas Heating Nozzle Rosebud for 300 Handle
CODE: OXVC10MFN

1 $39.99 $39.99
Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping cost: $5.70
Total cost: $45.69

Metalman 55

If you look at Tip Size #8 that is the same one that I mentioned yesterday, that was sent from our supplier.

From what some of the others have mentioned it looks like you may be may be able to use an acetylene regulator for propane. I was not aware of that. We use propane regulators.

More than one way to skin a cat I guess!

AllDodge

Totally understand, many things I'm still trying to get together. If I need a size 10 tip then guess I also need to buy the T hose. Also with the amount of O2 which will be needed, might need to get another tank (150/200 scfh). Never done thins before, so trying to figure it out before I start

Metalman 55

My thoughts are if you buy one "K" size oxygen bottle that should be suffice to do the heating for the bucket repair at hand. Also, we use #8 propane tips for heating heavier plates then what your bucket cutting edge would be, so I believe that size will be adequate.

AllDodge

Sorry, haven't done much on it other then put the bucket back on to use the weight of the machine to help bend back. Do plan to get it done but to many other projects going on. I have this thread saved and will take pics and update when work starts back.

Buddy1 (the one that broke the bucket) has a log home (I hate log homes) and was helping 2 of the days sanding, calking and sealing logs. Then bush hogged 4 days for another buddy2 to clean up has land. Has some large trees down and still need to cut them and move out of the way.

Cut patio up with concrete saw one day, and the next day re-poured slab.

Spent today back at buddy1 log home (did I mention I hate log homes) putting paint stripper on, then scraping it back off.

Tomorrow I go to French Lick for a Niece's wedding (I get to rest and drink beer, Yeh me)

AllDodge

Been another busy week, but did order the MFN10 from Welding City on Oct 3th and they just sent me an email saying "They Might Have it by Next Month"

My reply was you said "might" so if I wait till next month they could say again, they might have it again. I cancelled the order and see if I can find it somewhere else

AllDodge

Well was getting and disconnected the Acetylene and the fitting doesn't make the propane. The axe tank is right hand threads and propane is left hand also. What am I missing?

Attachments

• Photo1310.jpg
    Photo1310.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Photo1311.jpg
    Photo1311.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 33

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
A propane regulator should have a male coupler, a MAPP gas regulator thread used to be the same as acetylene.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
s-l1000.jpg