• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953 link removal

ColM

I need to remove one link as I'm out of adjustment on my 20Z 953. Idlers are in the 'high wear' position already and adjusters are all the way out. Will the idlers need to be moved back rearward to the 'factory new' position after a link is removed? I don't want to break the track before moving idlers rearward (if necessary to move idlers rearward) and I also don't want to move idlers rearward, remove a link, and then find out idlers need to be moved back to high wear position. Hoping someone with experience can answer before i get started next week.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Yep the idlers need to pushed all the way back, it makes it so much easier to rejoin them. Then adjust to the new length of the chain. The ldlers will be somewhere near the original new chain position after a link is removed. :)