• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

951c

ttazzman

I am going to take a look at a cat 951c 1980modle for a farm machine...i dont know much about the capabilities and possible issues on this older machine any experiences or thoughts would be appreciated......and possible value

Last edited:

buckfever

heavy machines. good for farm use just stay away from soft ground. Their a little slow but will still get the job done.

Fred from MO

Occupation
Engineer
No, saw it advertised myself. If you go look at it and decide not to buy it, would you mind posting on here what you saw? I have a hard time getting up that way. Also if your interested there is a 955H for sale on Craigslist not too far away from Springfield but it sounds a bit worn from what the seller said
Thanks

ttazzman

It came up for private auction today i went and looked at it, it was really a nice machine other than it had one lift cylinder leaking heavily, It had a lot of intrest so i decided not to stay and bid. But i think it should have brought 12k and would have been a bargain under 10k ......it showed and had under 1k hours....salt type tracks....undercarrage i would estimate at 80%+....it had set out so paint/seat etc was rough....lift pins etc were tight...engine sounded great...no smoke.......batteries were bad but jumped it started easily....looked to spent most of its life sitting...wear points showed appropriate rust from sitting...

Fred from MO

Occupation
Engineer
Wow, that was low hours. I didn't know it was up at an Auction. Do you know the Auction house in charge. I would be curious what it went for.
Thanks for the response.