• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

951c oil pressure guage/sensor

eric815

Anyone know where the oil pressure sensor for the guage is located. It seems to be on the fritz Im looking for the sensor so i can get it replaced so i can get it out of lowidle. I guess i can find the wires from the back of the guage and attempt to track them back to it. The guage is kinda fluttery sometimes stopping it from coming out of idle. Have good oil pressure no weird noises im assuming the guage has some kind of ground or something to give signal but im not sure how it opens the low to high throttle in the govenor. sometimes my guage is sitting in the green and sometimes it flutters around going low where i cant move the throttle out of low idle. After checking oil it seems im not on the dipstick anymore new machine sorry maybe im just low on oil and im a idiot :<

Last edited:

eric815

im going to get up in theyre and see if its mechanical if it is ill follow the line to the block Thanks for the responses

fest777

Occupation
opp/mecanix
if you have the 3304 motor it should be at the back of engine just below head, you said wires that sounds like an electrical gauge, the wires could be for the gauge light, look for plastic tube 1/8" or cooper, and for
sure keep oil topped off,low oil pressure if it is will mess with rack in pump

tctractors

On the 951C later build there is an oil pressure switch that is directly below the injector pump but the wires to it only work the electrical hour meter, the oil pressure is as already said taken from the back of the block and is often thin plastic or a copper line, the engine oil gauge has 2 oil level marks, 1 is for safe starting and the other is with engine running at low idle, you need a picture of your injector pump put up to define the pegging of the rack, it sounds to me that you have an early 951C fitted with the 330C engine, there is no electrical oil pressure gauge fitted on the C series so I tend to think checking the oil level gauge or an oil and filter change service might be handy also cut and check the filter for sparkle. tctractors