• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

950g cat loader warning light stays on

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Update i got the light to go away. The hydraulic fan motor stopped working so the machine got hot. Once I replaced the hydraulic fan pump with the new one I also drained the hydraulic tank and added new oil. Now the hydraulic filter indicator on the monitor with the tattle tail lights doesn’t come on and everything is functionaling normally. Not sure if the pump was causing the issue or if the draining and adding of the hydraulic oil fixed the problem but it’s working now. I really think it was probably the oil being contaminated in the tank. But anyways just wanted to make an update.

Very interesting that repairing an over heating problem solved a plugged filter indication problem. If you go way back to my #5 post you can see that the machine I was chasing a similar problem with was fixed once I stumbled on the fact that I had a bad temperature switch sending in my case a false over heating message to the ECM! Not sure what to make of this as it would probably take talking to who ever designed the warning panel in these machines to understand how this could happen.

Could be just one of those times you have to just be happy the "problem" is gone and just live with it.