• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

950g cab vid

ruralexmech

Hey Q-ball,
I got to operate my first wheel loader ever yesterday and BOY WAS IT THE FUNNEST THING IVE DONE YET. Ever since i was a kid I've wanted to drive one of these and I found an awesome job working for an earth moving company while I'm here in Platteville, WI getting my mechanical engineering degree. But anyways, I got to do some dirt stockpiling with our Case 621B and yeah, its truly awesome. However when my boss was taking me back to the dorm he was telling me how operating the same machine for months or even years can make the job really boring- as he had done it himself (he put 82 hours in one week between plowing snow with the 621B and fixing all of the machines in the shop each night). Which i have known all along, its fun at first but if the same job is done for long enough it gets boring. Fortunately I am the assistant mechanic so most of the time i get to fix the machines. Anyways, sorry for such a long introduction, but when you mentioned the radio i noticed that when i had the windows open in the 621B it wasn't really that quiet and a radio wasn't so necessary. But then i closed them because it got cold and i noticed how quiet it was so i see what you mean about how much it helps to have the radio going! Although it was kind of different to be in the loader this time without any background music because most of the time i just watch other people driving them on YouTube and there's always music in the background then lol, but this time when i was in it, and it was for real! The guys at the shop gave me a bunch of tips of course for how to operate the 621B but still i was wondering if you or anyone else had any tips for when i get the chance to hop in a wheel loader next time.
Thanks a bunch,
Logan

Stevenbrla

Nice vid Qball... thanks for sharing, especially for those of us who never get to venture inside such nice equipment.