• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

950g 4BS

kevinhwe

950G When running fine into a pile of dirt or gravel but when use hydraulics to pick up the bucket the engine starts to flutter and will possible die. release the raise function the engine recovery respose is slow but it will recover. checked the turbo its fine and the waste gate is fine and works. The question i have is what is causing out engine flutter?

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi, do you mean an engine misfire condition
the first thing I would do is verify fuel pressure ,if that is ok I would remove the return line check valve and check the screen if still fitted and for contamination in the orfice
Mark

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
One of my first thoughts was a leak on the pressure side of the turbo but then you did mention the waste gate is working so I can only assume you are getting good boost pressure?