• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

950 H caterpillar no brakes

jett01

Hello . The emergency brake is on full bore . I unhooked the lever to release the e brake so we could at least move it around to a fixit location . Now the foot brakes are no longer working . I could sure use some advice . Please and thank you.
Jett

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
A full serial number might help get some ideas, there were at least 7 different prefixes of that model. Not sure if yours's has straight air, air over hydraulic drums or maybe wet disks or even dry disk brakes!

jett01

Also he checked pressure at the pump but there seems to be no pressure. Not sure if the pump needs to be primed ? Maybe the pump is toast . Anyways taking the pump off to get it bench tested

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Also he checked pressure at the pump but there seems to be no pressure. Not sure if the pump needs to be primed ? Maybe the pump is toast . Anyways taking the pump off to get it bench tested
Well I guess if the pump can not build pressure trying to trouble shoot the brakes is a non-starter! Let us know what you find with the pump.